Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The M1 Buddy

I found this great product on the market I would like to share with all of you. It's called the M1 Buddy. It inserts into the receiver of an M1 Garand or M1A for cleaning purposes. It blocks the receiver completely so all of the spray from your brushes that would normally go into the receiver/action area, is caught right there. The cooooool, thing is, I can still use my chamber brush with the thing in place. It holds the bolt back (very important for you new Garand owners) so you don't have to worry about M1 thumb while ramming tha brush into the chamber. It works with the GI combo tool brush, or the ratcheting chamber brush. It's made of some sort of plastic that is nice and solid and rigid. The manufacturer offer a lifetime gaurantee which is pretty cool. They also ship all orders for $2.89(maybe $2.79 I don' have my invoice handy). The M1 Buddy costs $14.95, so I was able to get the thing to my door for less than a $20.00 bill. I think I can say that every friend I have who has seen it has ordered one. You see a lot of worthless crap out there that's designed to do nothing but lighten you wallet, but this item is pretty cool. Wish I had found this years ago (or at least before I caught my first case of M1 Thumb!)

The manufacturer also donates a part of the profits to the M1's for Vet's program. They are a great organization. I think it's pretty neat that these people do that. I wsih more business people would be that way.



I can't say enough about how cool this thing is. Whoever designed this was pretty smart.

The site is: www.m1buddy.com

I e-mailed them and they said the would also be bringing out a couple of other items soon. The "Training Buddy" (not sure what that is), and the "Poor Mans ChamberBrush". Seems like some down to earth folks looking for neat little ideas. The owner is a pretty serious highpower shooter, so he's been around the range a while.

The REALLY COOL THING IS.... it works for the M1 Garand and the M1A!

I realize now I should have order two (as they state), one for my range box and one for the basement.

You will not be sorry iof you order this product. I really feel it was money well spent. It looks like apart I wil have forever 9and that's a long time! I don't usually promote things like this, but this thing is great!

No comments: