Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shooting the M1 garand

I guess I have been pretty lucky. I've met a lot of very well connected people who have helped me through the years with my highpower shooting. My early years were spent with the M1 Garand. A true warhorse. I had admired the Garand from afar as a child, but never even held one until the age of 30. So many lost years and lost joy! I decided to make up for those lost times, and jumped into the shooting game with both feet forward. Much training and a lot of dissapointment would be found over the first few years. The Garand requires a lot of effort and a lot of patience. A good teacher is most valuable. I was lucky enough to befriend a former United sStatess Marine Corp. armorer and coach, and the next thing I knew, my shooting career was on it's way. Many hours of drills, and many hours of live fire were required, but slowly I started to come around. From a fellow who had never even HELD a highpower rifle, to an NRA expert class shooter in 364 days. I was rather excited. Little did know how much effort would be required to advance beyond this point. In my upcoming posts I will detail the trials and tribulations of an M1 garand and M1A shooter.

No comments: